Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 15th, 2010 14:00

Centera viewer

I'm new to the Centera storage can some one provide me the good documentation(Centera viewer).Also i would like to know how we can access centera storage, Are we need any software for this?.

Many thanks In advance.

27 Posts

June 16th, 2010 11:00

Hello Praveen,
As mentioned earlier by Jeffrey, all the documentation (help, release notes, quick start) can be found once the Customer CD 4.1 (currently the latest is installed). This can be found under Program Files > Globalservices 4.x ..In case you are unable to find the download under the Support->Software Downloads and Licensing->Downloads C->Centera Enterprise Software or if the Centera Enterprise Software is not seen, please write a mail to powerlink@emc.com for access.

Under Powerlink, search for ' centera product guide ' which will give you a overview on Centera and how it works. This is a very excellent document to start with.

As for the second part of the question,we need a SDK to access the storage. The EMC Centera SDK provides an Application Programming Interface (API) that allows client applications to natively integrate with EMC Centera. A natively integrated application is able to create, store, retrieve, and delete self-describing data objects in EMC Centera.

For detailed information on the SDK, refer to the EMC Centera API Reference Guide, P/N 069001185, and the EMC Centera Programmer’s Guide, P/N 069001127.

Regards

29 Posts

June 15th, 2010 16:00

The Centera Viewer can be downloaded from Powerlink, along with the documentation....

Support->Software Downloads and Licensing->Downloads C->Centera Enterprise Software

and you want to get the Customer CD for 4.1 Patch 1. 
This will contain the latest Centera Viewer and documentation.

You will need an application that is written to utilize the Centrastar API to write data to the Centera. 

102 Posts

June 17th, 2010 05:00

Thanks Jeff and Bhandary.

No Events found!