Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 6th, 2009 10:00

Changing Centera I/P addresses

I was just informed that I need to change the TCP/IP addresses on of my Centeras due to some necessary networking upgrades. Has anyone done this successfully and know of any Gotchas before I agree to persue the change? BTW, I am also replicating to another remote Centera at our DR site..

March 10th, 2009 00:00

Hi Diskman

I've done this a couple of times. The gotchas might be that you either have the old ip addresses in the new network or the new ones in the old network. With todays networks this is typically not an issue if the networking people are aware of it. If you physically change the ports the Centera is connected to you might want to connect them temporarily to a separate switch or just interconnect the access nodes. Then change the ip addresses. This needs a physical connection detected on the access nodes. Pause replication before your ip changes and resume afterwards.

If you are replicating bi-directionally then pause replication, change the ip addresses and resume replication.

If you want and have a possibility with a remotely available Management Station I can assist you. I use TeamViewer which I could provide to be run or installed.

Best regards, Holger

Informatio - outtasking services for Centera and DelayedDeletes for Recoverability of your archive information

25 Posts

March 11th, 2009 10:00

Diskman,
How did changing the IP Addresses go. I have to do the same thing. Moving my target Centera to a hotsite, then changing IP Addresses to match that network. Questions I have.
1. What about the source Centera knowing of the address change

2. What about the archiving software running on the server. Do changes have to made there also.

I am kind of hesitant to attempt this as I am farily new to the Centera side of things.
No Events found!