Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

January 29th, 2013 09:00

How does Centera work

I am new to Centera or infact this is my first call.

EMC has quoted Centera Governance 2-node Right to upgrade, Basic Mirrored 2-node right to upgrade, Bundled 4 node Gen4LP with 1 TB Drives and Centera open source Licenses.

I am not able to understand how does the data on file server get scanned and sent to Centera box. I believe the above gives me 7 TB mirrored on to another 7 TB in RAIN as far as capacity is concerned.

Please help me understand the archival process or point me to some document for the same.

216 Posts

February 1st, 2013 05:00

Hi,

Centera does not use any file system like CIFS or NFS to store data, data is stored in Centera in the form of clips and blobs. We need to use applications developed using Centera SDK to write data in to Centera from the Host system.Data can also be archived to Centera from EMC NAS devices using the device FMA or CTA.

You can refer to the Centera Quick start guide for more information Centera.

Regards

Satish.N.Kutty

216 Posts

February 11th, 2013 03:00

Hi,

Any updates on the issue… where you able to go locate and go though the centera Quick start guide...

Regards

Satish.N.Kutty

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 13th, 2013 07:00

HOW TO MIGRATE DATA FROM CENTERA TO CLARIION

Hi Satish,

I have seen your post about the Centera.If you have a chance please look at it once.

In My environment they have a centera. Its a hospitality based client.They are planning to migrate from centera to clarrion.

Here the scenario.

The customer image has been stored on application for internally 90 days,after that it goes through the centera universal access (CUA) and stores in the centera.

Whats there plan is the customer image should be stored in application and copied to new array clariion(instead which stores in centera)which should stores the upcoming data.In the backend they need to copy the old data from centera to clariion in the back end.

If you explain me the process how it works ,it would be great.And if You have any documents regrading these implementation could you please forward me in the email.(gsr548@gmail.com)

No Events found!