Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 6th, 2010 04:00

How to create/edit/delete a user in centera using Centera CLI

Hi All,

I need to the CLI command which can create/update/delete a user in centera using centera CLI.

Thanks,

Saikat

April 6th, 2010 05:00

Hi Saikat

Using Centera Viewer CLI you can use the commands regarding profiles up create, edit and delete users. create profile, update profile and delete profile would be the corresponding commands.

Application profiles can be access profiles. Cluster profiles should only be used in special cases like backup applications and these are not allowed to create new content.

Profiles without data capabilities and only management capabilitities may be used with Centera Viewer to connect to the system. Such profiles would typically use a hashed secret and applications an obfuscated one.

I was unsure if you were also referring to scripting these commands and if so please have a look at the other postings. This would only work if you were to use secrets that are either generated or stored in a file.

Best regards, Holger

April 6th, 2010 06:00

Hi Saikat

There is no difference between users and profiles. If you want to create an admin Centera Viewer user that is just able to issue show commands called monitor issue the following:

Config# create profile monitor
Enable Profile? (yes, no) [yes]: yes
Set Data Access Capabilities (yes, no) [no]: no
Set Cluster Management Roles (yes, no) [no]: yes
    Accesscontrol role? (yes, no) [no]: no
    Audit role? (yes, no) [no]: no
    Compliance role? (yes, no) [no]: no
    Configuration role? (yes, no) [no]: no
    Migration role? (yes, no) [no]: no
    Monitor role? (yes, no) [no]: yes
    Replication role? (yes, no) [no]: no
Password Persistency Scheme (obfuscated, hashed) [hashed]:
Profile Secret (prompt, file) [prompt]:
Issue the command?
(yes, no) [no]: yes

Using monitor as username and the password you typed in the prompt you are now able to open Centera Viewer with a user that has just show commands available to him. Refer to the documentation installed with the tools as to which role applies to which command.

Best regards, Holger

2 Posts

April 6th, 2010 06:00

Hi Jakob,

I know the commands for - profile but I am looking for the CLI commands for creating new user.

So can you provide me the correct CLI command for that?

Regards,

Saikat

No Events found!