Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 7th, 2015 12:00

Migrating archived files form a windows fileserver to another

Hello Guys ,

I am trying to migrate millions of archived files from a windows file server to another, files are archived to a centera , recalling all files and then archiving them all is not an option , i tried just copying the stubs manually but the files simply wont open on the new server , any idea how to approach this ?

Thanks

208 Posts

July 8th, 2015 04:00

Hello Moaliali -

I believe you can backup the stubs with NT backup and move them to another DX-enabled Windows host or VM.

If you would like to un-archive (a.k.a.re-hydrate) the content from Centera to a scalable filesystem such as Isilon (or just a larger Windows server), this can be very challenging for large numbers of files. Not only is the DX read performance a challenge for large data sets, the re-hydration of content on the source virtual drive often fills the drive and prevents the recall job from completing.

My company, Interlock Technology, has developed a service to perform this type of migration using custom software tools. We can create mirror of all your DX content (both archived and non-archived) on another CIFS host without recalling all the data through the DX host.  We provide migration services globally via remote access.  You can find more information at http://www.interlock-tech.com or info@interlock-tech.com.

Best Regards,

Mike Horgan

No Events found!