Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 26th, 2011 08:00

Need to decommission our Centera

Hi everyone,

I have a Centera system that needs to be removed from my environment and I am struggling with how to retrieve all of the files that are currently being stored on it. We are using an EMC Celerra for CIFS storage and have transferred a couple of TB worth of MS Office files, JPGs, and other “non-sctuctured” data to the Centera via a Rainfinity FMA system over the last several years.

What I need to do now is recall all of those files and replace the stub files that currently exist on the Celerra with the actual files from the Centera. The only way I can think to do this would be to copy the files from one path on the Celerra to another one that is not controlled by a policy on the FMA. That would be a very time consuming and potentially messy process to execute though.

Anybody have ideas on how to go about doing this?

Thanks in advance!

Jarrod

12 Posts

August 28th, 2011 21:00

Hello Jarrod,

If you used FMA to archive the files from Celerra, then the files can be recalled without copying them to another path.  The quickest method would be to set the read policy override on the Celerra DHSM CID connection to full and start a multi-threaded read of some sort on the file system.  The will recall the stubs.

The standard method would be to deleted the CID connection on the Celerra DHSM connection with the recall policy = yes.  This will also cause a full file system recall from the Centera.  Please keep in mind with both types, the file system must have enough space to support all data archived to the Centera.  For more information on this, please review the Using Celerra File Mover Guide on Powerlink or contact support.

The Celerra command in question is fs_dhsm.  If you run this command, it will show all the options needed for reviewing and deleting the connection ID (CID) to the FMA from the Celerra.

Regards,

JosephP.

Centera/FMA

51 Posts

August 29th, 2011 01:00

Hi Jarrod,

If you have an FMA it is easy because you can use the Migrate function. Just create a new NAS repository with your new CIFS server and migrate the files into it.

Migrate a Repository

Repository migration moves all archived data from   one repository to another storage tier.  Migration   can be to a NAS repository, to an EMC Centera, or to an Atmos.

No Events found!