Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 24th, 2016 03:00

Newbie - How do I get a listing of all files in Centera?

We have outsourced our Data Center to a 3rd party.

They run among other things, the Centera equipment that we use, and the servers that connect to the Centera environments.

We have a mix of various types of Unix (Linux, Solaris, HP-UX) and windows servers accessing the Centera environments.

I need to get a listing of all files in our Centera environments once a month to validate the storage charges.

The outsourcing vendor says it is not possible to do this. All they can give us is the total space consumed.

I am totally new to the Centera environment, but I suspect it should be possible to get a listing of the files in our environment with information that includes, the creator, size, creation date and possibly the retention date.

Is there a management tool for the Centera that can provide this information, or is it necessary to get a directory listing from each connected server?

thanks,

Ole Jensen.

208 Posts

May 24th, 2016 06:00

Hello Ole -

Welcome to the Centera community forum.

The good news is that your provider is not lying to you; EMC does not provide any standard tools that would allow the type of granular 'file type' reporting you are looking for. However, there are third party solutions available including DobiMiner from DataDobi which  can provide these types of reports on an ongoing basis.

Centera also has an API which would allow you to develop a customised solution if you prefer. There are a lot of resources and training material around Centera API access available on this site.

Good Luck,

Mike Horgan

2 Posts

May 24th, 2016 08:00

Mike,

Thanks for your response. I will check with DataDobi and see what their tools can do for us. I will also look into the API from EMC.

Ole.

208 Posts

May 24th, 2016 13:00

Good Luck Ole. Make sure you tell DD that Mike Horgan of Interlock sent you

No Events found!