Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

August 8th, 2012 15:00

Pool migraton clarification

Dear All,

could somebody tell me what is exactly the pool migration, during a Centera upgrade (installing additional nodes).

In the procedure there are a few steps.

One: show pool migration

Two: In CV Check PoolMigration Space

Three: Start PoolMigration

What this process does?

How is it related to using pools?

If there is a Centera 4.1.1, already using profiles and pools, and additional nodes are installed, is it really necessary?

Thank You!

Krisztian

216 Posts

August 9th, 2012 05:00

Hi Krisztian,

I believe that Pool Migration need not be run on the latest Centera Star versions during upgrade though it was required earlier for Centera Star version 3.1 or earlier.

Regards

Satish.N.Kutty

124 Posts

August 9th, 2012 07:00

Centera allow pool mapping where clips that were written with a profile but into the default pool, can be mapped to another pool. The Pool migration task will associate these ‘logically’ to the pool within the internal databases.

Outside from pool mapping, the pool migration task modifies the internal databases to add pool information. It may or may not be required. You will know if you try to create a pool and it says that this task must be run first.

Dennis

216 Posts

August 10th, 2012 09:00

Hi Krisztian,

I believe that there is no option to start the Pool Migration Process in Centera Star version 4.1.x.....There is only an option to check the Pool Migration Status. We can also view the Migration activity on Centera Viewer by going to Tools --> Field --> Cluster Usage --> Migration Activity.

Regards

Satish.N.Kutty

124 Posts

CLI command “migrate poolmapping start” will start the process

216 Posts

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for the update...

Satish.N.Kutty

216 Posts

August 15th, 2012 03:00

Hi Krisztian,

Were you able to run the upgrade successfully?

Regards

Satish.N.Kutty

No Events found!