Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 19th, 2009 22:00

Query about Centera Backup

Dear All,

Could I ask a simple question about Centera Backup?
How do I backup data from Centera to tape?

Thank you,
Dennis Dai

January 28th, 2009 07:00

Hi

There are also other solutions like Seven10Storage for Tape Backup.

I have DelayedDeletes for EMC Centera available since one year. You would no longer replicate your delete requests from applications using Centera Replication but rather replicate them with a configurable delay using DelayedDeletes for EMC Centera.
We are currently building the Revery GUI for DelayedDeletes which will allow you to restore based on a list of Clip ID's. It will also allow to query the source Centera for a list of deleted clips between a start and end date/time. This list can then also be used to restore the deleted objects from the target to the source system.

Please contact me on mail@informatio.ch if you require more information.

Best regards, Holger

219 Posts

January 20th, 2009 02:00

Hey,

for NetWorker there is a modul called "EMC Centera Backup and Recovery Module".

2 Intern

• 

360 Posts

January 20th, 2009 04:00

Hi Andreas,

Thank you for your quickly response.

I check the doc and found it's a NDMP module for centera.
So I need to buy CBRM and related backup vendor module.
Is it right?

Can I just simple back up all data from my server which was attached Centera Storage to protect?

Thanks for any clarify.
Dennis Dai

219 Posts

January 21st, 2009 05:00

So we didn`t backup our centera we have two with unidirectional replication. So Application is writting to production centera and this replicates asynchronous to backup centera. But it`s better to do this on application layer so there is never an missing delta. We just backup our RAW Data (COLD) before importing into our dms to Tape and of course our index files where the clip-id is stored for every document.

I`m not sure if you could backup centera with other backup tools as networker. But I think backup time will get very high if you have several millions of files stored to centera and your index of networker will increase immediately. You need CMRM to have the option of backup centera to tape or disk...
No Events found!