Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 5th, 2008 01:00

What is the default Login and Password?

Hi,

I am absolutely new to EMC Centera. I assigned to manager a set of EMC Centera system but was not give any information. I could not even login.

However, I am able to "reset password" at the server panel itself. Could someone please advise what is the default login name and password?

Thank you,

Boon

136 Posts

December 5th, 2008 07:00

Hi Boon,

You will need to use Centera Veiwer to manage your Centera systems. Server level access (e.g. ssh) and changing passwords is not permitted and you cannot manage Centera via ssh.

Do you have a copy of Centera Viewer installed on your pc or any host?

Thanks,
Zeeshan

December 6th, 2008 17:00

Thank you for your response.

Kindly advise how do I obtain a copy of the viewer?

Or may I use PUTTY?

Thank you,

Boon

December 8th, 2008 20:00

You can find Centera Viewer in Customer CD.

Good luck,

Henky

December 8th, 2008 21:00

Thank you for the response.

Unfortunately, I am not able to locate my customer CD.

Is it possible for me to download it?

Thank you,

Boon

136 Posts

December 8th, 2008 21:00

Hi Boon,

We will posting the tools on this site soon.

Thanks,
Zeeshan

December 8th, 2008 23:00

Thank you for the link.

I downloaded the 2.4 version.

When I connect to the centera server directly via a KVM, I can see the following.

EMC Linux relsease 2.0 (Centera)

Kernel 2.4.19 on an i686

c001n08 login:

However, I tried the default login (*******) and password (********), I keep getting "Login incorrect"

Please advise.

Thank you,

Boon

Message was edited by: gstuartemc to remove password information!

136 Posts

December 9th, 2008 04:00

Hi Boon,

As I had indicated earlier, we do not distribute passwords for any ssh logins (only access you will get is via Centera Viewer). Centera clusters are managed via Centera Viewer and ssh access is not required for management.

All you need is to use Centera Viewer (a GUI tool) from the link I shared with you earlier, and then use the login/password combination you had in your last post.

Do you have any insight into which EMC CentraStar® version is running on your system? It looks like you are running version 2.0 which is way too old.

I would recommend that you open up a Service Request (SR) to get your Centera Cluster looked at by an EMC Service personnel and have it upgraded to the latest CentraStar® version.

Please visit: http://powerlink.emc.com to open up a SR.

Thanks

No Events found!