Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 20th, 2009 00:00

XAM Rentention (java sdk)

Hi,

I have a qestion on the retention management of a Xset using XAM.

In my application, each time an operation "E" is executed on an object I want to apply a rentention policy "RP" (duration 1 hour) on the Xset associated with this object.

On each operation "E", the same retention policy must be applied.

My question is: how can I apply twice the same policy on the same XSet ?

Here is an example:

An operation "E" occurs at 6.00am, we apply the rention policy "RP" on the Xset, so the retention ends at 7.00am. But an other operation "E" occurs at 6.30am and then I want the retention to end at 7.30am.

Can I apply the retention policy "RP" again on the Xset in order to ensure that the retention will end on 7.30am ?

If I can't, what is the best practice to do this ? The main concern is that the XUID of the Xset must remain the same (so no binding field can be involved).

If this possible ?

Thanks in advance,

regards,

David.

417 Posts

November 20th, 2009 03:00

Yes it does. And the value can be obtained from the .xset.retention. .starttime field (where retentionId is base or event).

November 20th, 2009 02:00

It seems that I search for the XAM operations corresponding (I think) to this one in the Centera API:

"FPClip_TriggerEBREvent

This function triggers the event of a C-Clip for which event-based
retention (EBR) was enabled, and effectively starts the run time of the
associated EBR retention period that was previously set in
FPClip_EnableEBRWithClass() or
FPClip_EnableEBRWithPeriod()."

I can't find the corresponding functionnality in XAM sdk, can anyone helps ?

PS: I want to call the function corresponding to "FPClip_TriggerEBREvent" multiple time on the same XSet.

Thanks,

Regards,

Does it still works if the retention was expired ?

And I does not have found the way to get "OriginalRetentionStartTime" from XAM.

Thanks,

417 Posts

The equivalent XAM API is SetStarttime, but this can only be called once. You will need to calculate the time you want the retention to expire and update the duration so that this becomes the new expiry time.

This can easily be calculated (RetentionDuration = DesiredRetentionExpiryTime - OriginalRetentionStartTime).

As you are already aware, you should make this field nonbinding to allow for these updates.

November 20th, 2009 05:00

thanks for the response,

Is it possible to define custom retentionId on Centera (as createRetention("event"), is always binding) other than "base" and "event" ?

Regards,

David.

November 23rd, 2009 02:00

Tank you very much for your answers.

Regards,

David.

417 Posts

November 23rd, 2009 02:00

No - Centera only supports base and event.
No Events found!