Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

May 18th, 2010 03:00

getting md5 checksum on stored blobs?

Hi guys, is there any way to get the md5 chrecksum of stored clips other than streaming the file local to the disc and calculating it there?

I guess there must be some internal md5 generation to ensure the validity of blobs but I am not sure if this is accessible through the Java SDK?

best regards, Chris

417 Posts

June 7th, 2010 08:00

RawOpen is designed to be used in conjunction with RawRead for replication / backup applications.

In other words, you open a clip that you previously created using the normal SDK commands and RawRead that to obtain a serialized version.

RawOpen is the used to restore this serialized version to a cluster. There is no intention for RawOpen to be able to parse or read XML documents that were not created by the RawRead command. When you RawOpen the clip then you would use the standard SDK calls to work with it.

Regards, Graham L. Stuart

Centera SDK Architect

July 13th, 2010 06:00

Hi Graham, seems that I can't let go this subject:(

I have used the clipRawView command to get an XML like

containing an md5 for the blob. Can you tell me how i can translate this back into an md5 I can read? The one I calculated myself is

d8a02546e292b4bcc4bfb60668c79c10

??

c

417 Posts

July 14th, 2010 03:00

As I mentioned in an earlier post on this thread, the way that we calculate the MD5 and other details that make up the Content Address is not published externally.

Also - there is no "one way" of doing this due to the multiple naming schemes that are used  (M, M++, GM, GM+D etc).

In your example clip, the blob is protected via the M++ naming scheme and the MD5 is included in the first part of the content address (BPD4IS932B86Ox11767D03BDFU4) and includes an additional marker character (x) that is not part of a "standard" MD5.

11 Posts

July 14th, 2010 12:00

Chris,

Drop me a line, and I can give you some hints on how to do this.

clark@storageswitch.com

No Events found!