Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 22nd, 2012 22:00

how to have 2 CUA's see the same data in a centera pool

All,

I have a replicated Centera setup.

With a CUA on each end, both are mapped correctly to the same replicated pool (for eg, CUA_Pool).

What I find is the CUA at Site A, when it writes a file to the share mapped to CUA_Pool it does not seem to update on the CUA at Site B and vice versa.

How can I have the CUA at each site query the CUA_Pool at each site..?

If this isnt possible, I would need to find out other ways around doing this...?

216 Posts

July 23rd, 2012 08:00

Hi,

Is the CUA_Pool replicated to Site B.I believe that the writes will be updated only on the Primary or Active CUA the Standby CUA will be in sleep state, hence the writes will not be updated. Will keep you posted if there is an alternate option for the same.

Regards

Satish N Kutty

208 Posts

July 24th, 2012 07:00

Hello MKellar,

CUA is probably not the right product if you need files written at one site to 'magically' appear at the other site.  I'm no expert, but it would make sense to me that this could be done with a combination of VNX, CTA and Centera. The CTA would archive data from VNX NAS volumes to Centera, leaving behind DHSM 'stubs'.  These stubs could then be replicated to the other location via VNX replication, where another CTA would be used to recall the replicated data from Centera upon access.

VNX is not my forte, so perhaps another EMC resource could comment on the advantages and disadvantages of such a setup.

Also, check out this thread for another potential solution:  https://community.emc.com/thread/129976

It's an interesting topic, please keep us posted.

Regards,

Mike Horgan

www.interlock-tech.com

216 Posts

July 24th, 2012 07:00

Hi,

I'm unable to find an alternate solution for the issue, the writes are made only on the Active CUA and the Standby CUA is on sleep mode and is restored only when the Active CUA is down. You can also refer to the CUA admin guide for the same, hope it helps.

Regards

Satish.N.Kutty

No Events found!