Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 27th, 2016 03:00

Where do I specify S3 bucket

Hello,

I'm trying to configure cloudboost with Netbackup to backup on AWS S3. I have created a bucket that I want to use for Netbackup/cloudboost however I'm not sure if the  bucket name needs to be specified on cloudboost or Netbackup. Appreciate if someone can please help on this.Thank you.

May 27th, 2016 06:00

The bucket name can optionally be set in the Data Protection Cloud portal when you configure CloudBoost. However, It is generally better to allow it to just create its own. By default it will make two buckets. One for all of the deduped chunks and one where it saves DR backups of itself. If you override that by defining a specific bucket the two will have to be mixed together.

4 Posts

May 27th, 2016 07:00

Hi Geordie,

Thank you for your reply.I wasn't aware that buckets are created by cloudboost. I'm trying to locate the buckets on S3,are they named similar to the cloudboost appliance hostname.

23 Posts

May 27th, 2016 08:00

Hello Kisad,

If you are requesting CloudBoost to create the container name they will look similar to my container/bucket:

mag-1452907720-bzpwck

Where the number is the epoch time of creation, and the last 6 letters are used for further identification.

No Events found!