Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 11th, 2015 20:00

SC4020 Create Disk Folder

Hi,

Just purchased a new SC4020.  Didn't come with any docs but I eventually found a deployment guide online.  I've completed the prejoin information via a serial connection and both controllers have booted successfully.  Logged into the gui, set the admin password and loaded the license file correctly.  Next step is to Create a Disk Folder.  All disks are selected by default so I clicked on Continue and that's it.  The gui is frozen and you can do nothing except close the window (which if you do, a pop up tells you that the Setup procedure is incomplete).  So, what next?  Does it take  a long time to create a disk folder?  The only thing I did notice is that my first 12 RI SSD disks are listed in the gui as an Unknown type.  The second group of 12 disks are listed as type 10k (which is correct).

Thought I'd try the forum first before I log a support job.

Cheers,

Mike

115 Posts

November 16th, 2015 06:00

You probably need to upgrade the code on the SC4020 so the system will recognize those SSD drives. That's why the wizard won't let you move forward when those drives are selected.

118 Posts

November 12th, 2015 05:00

Are you a customer or partner? All SC (not SCv) units generally REQUIRE professional installation. When you purchased this - who is suppose to do the installation?

• 

7.1K Posts

November 12th, 2015 06:00

Hello Mike,

The creating of a disk folder doesn’t take long.  Which web browser are you using?  Sometimes I have seen an issue when using IE so if you may want to try using firefox or Chrome & see if you get the same thing happening.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

1 Rookie

• 

4 Posts

November 12th, 2015 13:00

Hi Sam,

I've partially solved the issue.  I failed to mention in my initial post that I had already tried different browsers.  The problem is the first 12 SSD's are unknown to the SC4020.  If I unselect all of the SSD's I can get to the next page (Select a disk(s) to use as a Hot Spare).  If I go back and add in only one of the SSD drives and click continue the gui freezes indefinitely.  Here's a screen shot of what I'm seeing.

<www.cms.waikato.ac.nz/.../Create%20Disk%20Folder.jpg>;

Cheers,

Mike

1 Message

July 14th, 2016 04:00

Hello!

Could someone tell me where I can find the licenses for SCOS and array features? I mean when I buy the sc4020 will I have all acquired licenses on the cdroms packed with the storage array or I should download it from some web site or maybe there other procedure to get licenses.

Thanks in advance

July 14th, 2016 15:00

Kamuichi, you should probably post this as a new question rather than as a reply to this old one.

52 Posts

August 23rd, 2016 07:00

Simply ask your seler.. You paid for complete solution - hardware and licenses, so you should have array with license files

No Events found!