Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Z

March 9th, 2018 07:00

SC4020 Drive Status

Hi

I am looking for some help.  I have added some 3.84TB SSD drives.  At first they were all listed as external devices so I updated the SCOS version to the latest version as the version I was running was quite dated.

Before the update the status on all the drives were marked as up but due to being classified as external devices I was unable to assign them.

After the firmware update all drives are classified as unassigned but given the status as down.  They are not marked as unlicensed as I have seen on other drives and all are unassigned.  I know the drives are supported and contain the latest compellent firmware, I have checked this with the SCOS firmware list.

Capture.JPGCan someone give me some insight as to what is happening here.  My unit is licensed for way more drives than I have installed.

Any help would be appriciated

Dave

P.S I have also fully reset and set up my SC4020 to make sure it is not a config issue

230 Posts

March 10th, 2018 14:00

Hello Zabrallo,

If these disks were moved over from another system they may have some configuration information on them from the other system. In that case if you call in to Support they can reset the disks and be able to help you to manage them in to your system. If these disks were not bought from a Dell Partner, or are not official Dell recognized disks they may not have the proper firmware installed to allow them to be recognized by the system. In this case there is nothing that Support can do.

No Events found!