Start a Conversation

Unsolved

G

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

November 21st, 2019 12:00

SC4020 FW Update 7.3

How to get an update on the SC4020 product's from 7.2.11 to last 7.3 or 7.4, after the end of support, where I'm can download the iso update file.

May you can send me SCOS 7.3 FW files, for sc4020, pls.

• 

7.1K Posts

November 22nd, 2019 13:00

Hello gustus89,

If your SC4020 is out of support, then you will not be able to get any newer updates.  When you upgrade your SCOS to a newer version, we require a phone home log from your SC4020 so that we can review it prior to releasing the SCOS for you to download & install.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

December 24th, 2023 16:27

@DELL-Sam L​ Hi! We have the same problem. Our support is over, and we need to update SCOS from 7.2.31.3 to final version. Can we send an instruction to me or write what we need to do? Thanks.

• 

2.4K Posts

December 25th, 2023 13:15

Hello, unfortunately, I don't have anything to add to what Sam sometimes said above. I would like to add this article.

SC8000 / SC4020 / SC9000 / SC7020 : How to prepare to update a Compellent Storage Center Operating System | Dell Canada

December 26th, 2023 08:27

@Dell-ErmanO​ Hi! Thank you for your reply! I can't understand. May we update our SCOS on SC4020 after support ends or not? If we may do this operation, where can I see the list of the steps? If we aren't, it's ok, no problem. The "case" will open for me before we find the solution.

(edited)

• 

2.4K Posts

December 26th, 2023 10:55

Hi, I encountered SCOS FAQs you can check these below. For more information you may reach your local support. Unfortunately my compollents knowledge is limited.

Storage Center Operating System Updates FAQ | Dell US

What to expect when requesting a SCOS Update?

1. Contact Dell EMC Support to run a health check. This should be done one week prior to the update to the SCOS.
  2. Pre-update requirements, such as updates to Dell Storage Manager, will be identified by Dell EMC Support and resolved by the customer before the update can should be applied.
  3. Dell EMC Support needs to complete a pre-update system health check.**(this needs to be run within 24 hours of the update taking place)
  4. Dell EMC Support will release an update package. Normal download time for this package is between 20 and 30 minutes, but it may vary.
  5. The system should be placed into Maintenance mode before the update is applied.
  6. The update is applied through your preferred management client, choosing the Non-service Affecting option, unless a maintenance window has been put in place. Estimated completion times for the update and other installation options can be found here .
  7. Post update checks will be run by Dell EMC Support once we are notified that the update has been completed.
No Events found!