Highlighted
8 Krypton

Brocade SW 6520 Domain ID

Jump to solution

I have two new Brocade Switch 6520, acting as standalone, i wont merge those

The default domain id is 1

I want to learn about the best practices to set the domain id  for standalone switches, is there any advice to about brocade 6520 domain id must be greater o smaller than others? for example Brocade 6520-1 Set the domain to 3 and the other Brocade 6520-2 Set the domain id to 4.

Does it matter domain id ranking??

Do you recommend to use or leave the default id ? or change it just for best practices

Bes regards

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ErikS1
6 Indium

Re: Brocade SW 6520 Domain ID

Jump to solution

Hi, you can leave the Domain ID at the default.  It will make no difference to the switches or the protocol while running in a single switch fabric.

Regards, Erik

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ErikS1
6 Indium

Jump to solution

Hi, you can leave the Domain ID at the default.  It will make no difference to the switches or the protocol while running in a single switch fabric.

Regards, Erik

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

Thanks in advance

so I can leave sw1 as the default(1)  and the other to 2?  just to identify the switches, i mean 6520-1 default domain id  (1) y the other  6520-2 (Domain id 2)

?????

Best regards

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

Hi, Yes that is correct. You can give the switches domain1 and 2. Should not be any problem.

Regards,

Ed

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

DomainID.PNG.pngthanks for your help

I already changed the domain id.

just one more question about it

i already connected the VMAX 450FX and Host,  the host is connected to N8 and my storage is connected N16,

is there any issue if a leave the Storage port to N16 and the Host to N8????

Best regards

take a look at the image

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

Hi,

No issue, N8 and N16 means the speed the host and storage ports are connected to the switch.

I suggest the download the command guide for the version of FOS you are using, the commands are in there with a good explanation of the detail outputs.

Regards,

Ed

0 Kudos