Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 22nd, 2012 08:00

Do you need to "save" brocade switch changes with commands?

All:

You know when you make Cisco SAN Switch changes you have to finish up your session with:

copy runnning to start

Or something likek that.

When you do a Brocade SAN Switch change with commands, do you have to finish up with anything to permanenetly save the config change?

When I do zoning on the Brocade, I finish up with:

cfgSave

But I think that that is a zoning library database save, not an entire Switch configu save.

I'm only setting "portcfgfillword".

Stuart

96 Posts

February 24th, 2012 05:00

Hi,

There is no "copy runn start" command or equivalent in Brocade. When you make a config change not related to zoning, it is automatically saved and preserved accross reboots.

Rgds

F

2 Intern

• 

5.7K Posts

September 10th, 2012 05:00

I still wonder why there even is an option called "save". I can only think of 1 thing: preparation of new aliases and zones without having to activate the new zoneset.

January 4th, 2021 23:00

Brocade switch accept little different command then cisco

We use command "write memory" to save the changes

4 Operator

• 

2.9K Posts

January 5th, 2021 07:00

Hello,

What switch and firmware version are you working with? I'd like to make sure I reference material relevant to what you have. The command "write memory" may be used to store the running config as the startup config, as you mentioned.

148 Posts

February 24th, 2021 23:00

Hi,

No, you do not need to save Brocade switch changes, when you make a change to the configuration it will be automatically saved.

Your portcfgfillword setting is saved automatically.

Unless (as already mentioned) you do any zoning changes, then yes, you need to do always the “cfgsave” command, it will write the defined and effective zone configuration to the nonvolatile memory. The saved configuration will be automatically reloaded after reboot.

Regards,

Ed Schulte
Senior Principal Engineer, Connectrix, Ent Tech Services

30 Posts

November 18th, 2021 11:00

The factory reset doent change the switchname or ip address when i change them manually reboot the switch. The switch reverting back to the old switch name and ip address. Everything i have tried including zeroizing the fips still would not prevent it from revering back. Any ideas as to what is happening?

• 

8.7K Posts

November 18th, 2021 13:00

Hi,

Which Brocade switch are you using?  

148 Posts

November 18th, 2021 22:00

Hi sm3013,

I think your question should be in a new topic.

That would be correct, to set a switch fully back to factory default there is more to it.

You need to do a firmwarecleaninstall, and lots of things need to be changed manually. Just follow kb article: Connectrix B Series: How do you reset a B_Series Brocade switch back to factory defaults

https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-us/000018946/connectrix-b-series-how-do-you-reset-a-b-series-brocade-switch-back-to-factory-defaults

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ed

No Events found!