Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 16th, 2007 13:00

Gigabit Ethernet interfaces on the MPS-14/2 module

I read that Gigabit Ethernet interfaces on the MPS-14/2 module do not support EtherChannel. Is there some other mechanism whereby FCIP can be configured to use make use of both gigE ports? I've not done my homework on this, but was hoping for some hints to get started with. Thx.

This is the doc that says no port channel allowed:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5989/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008049c8f7.html

February 20th, 2007 11:00

Hello,

One would need to better understand your entire configuration and what you are trying to accomplish in order to provide you with a valid solution. I'd recommend getting in contact with your EMC Professional Services representative to have them evaulate your configuration and your options.

Thank you.

Kevin

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 27th, 2007 12:00

You can do few things.

1) if you have multiple VLANS - use dot1q on the MDS to "trunk for it" and spread a load over different subinterfaces

2) is VRRP in "active/passive" fashion - and create two pairs of FCIP - which you can bound onto different interfaces and create single PortChannel (when scr-dst-oxid loadbalancing is used within VSAN - you each scsi_exchange goes over single link - but load is spread)

3) hire consultant to design above and tell you how ..

Cheers
c16435

March 20th, 2007 06:00

I was trying to do ether-channel at layer 2, on the gigE interfaces and "The Gigabit Ethernet interfaces on the MPS-14/2 module do not support EtherChannel." What worked on these blades was make two ip connections, one on each of the two gigE interfaces. Then I constructed two FCIP links, one associated with the each of the two ip links. The I was able to use port-channel to combine the two FCIP links. Thanks to the cisco support folks.
No Events found!