Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 23rd, 2021 03:00

Is CMCNE still available?

Hi everyone,

We have an old version of CMCNE running on our infrastructure (CMCNE 14.0.1) and I can't add my new Brocade sanswitches due to error :

"Unmonitored: Discovered - Authentication Failure : Not registered for SNMP Traps"

I checked the SNMP config and credentials but I can't find anything wrong so the next step would be to upgrade CMCNE to a recent version to solve possible compatibility issues.

I'm connected with my DELL-EMC account.  but the only download available on the dedicated DELL-EMC is "CMCNE 14.4.5 Checksum".

Is this a bug, is another permission level required, or is this product removed?

We have a licence registered in our current version but maybe it expired? I don't know really well this product.

Thank you for your answer,

Regards.

• 

8.5K Posts

February 23rd, 2021 09:00

Hi,

It is showing up as restricted access to me, the best option may be to call phone support and see if they can give it to you.  

4 Posts

February 24th, 2021 04:00

Thank you for your reply. I will do it!

143 Posts

February 24th, 2021 23:00

Hi,

CMCNE version 14.4.5 is still available.

Note that you cannot upgrade from 14.0 1 to 14.4.5. It needs to be a new install. (Release notes page 65)

If you have a license you should be good.

Regards,

Ed Schulte
Senior Principal Engineer, Connectrix, Ent Tech Services
Dell EMC | Services

4 Posts

March 2nd, 2021 00:00

Hi,

Thanks for the additional information.

I opened a SR on one of my SAN switch and got the latest version.

For everyone, according to the support CMCNE 14.4.5 will be the last version of the product. CMCNE is replaced by Connectrix SANnav.

1 Message

June 29th, 2023 03:00

Are you able to point me at somewhere I can download this? It's rather annoying that a piece of software so critical to the use of these products is so hard to obtain.

• 

8.5K Posts

June 29th, 2023 07:00

Hi,

Thanks for your question. I do not see it available. It was replaced with SanNav. https://dell.to/3CQ78Ij which model switches are you using?

Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

No Events found!