Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 8th, 2007 11:00

rhel4 powerlink qla2xxx HBAs not detected

Hi,

I ran through a procedure script that was generated to install my Emulex QLA-2340s on a RHEL4 box (Linux rh-linx2 2.6.9-42.0.8.ELsmp #1 SMP Tue Jan 23 13:01:26 EST 2007 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux). Everything seems to have gone in well, I updated the HBA firmware, installed the qla2xxx-8.01.06-1dkms rpms successfully, sansurfer is installed and appears to be working, PowerPath is installed and the licenses have "Capabilties: All" set.

But cat /proc/scsi/scsi doesn't show anything other than the onboard HDDs, and the lun-scan.sh script I downloaded from emcpower gives: "ls: /sys/bus/pci/drivers/lpfc/*/host*: No such file or directory"

I see qla2xxx & qla2300 entries in lsmod as well as a bunch of emcp* entries. The PowerPath, qlremote, and naviagent are all starting from init.d.

I don't really know what I'm missing to make the connection between all this software and the hardware on the system.

Thanks for any pointers.

Dave

February 15th, 2007 12:00

Yes to your questions about the zoning. We've verified the WWNs are zoned into the switch, the switch sees them and they're able to log in (as indicated in the switch logs).

http://www02.homepage.villanova.edu/david.kaplowitz/images/fcswa.jpg
http://www02.homepage.villanova.edu/david.kaplowitz/images/fcswb.jpg

But we can't log into the storage processors, nothing about them shows up in the "connectivity status" in Navissphere. We haven't tried manually registering the host initiator and we'd like to avoid doing so if we wouldn't otherwise have to. But at this stage I'm willing to try anything.

Thanks again for the replies, everyone.

Dave

147 Posts

February 15th, 2007 12:00

That zoning is using the node name, not port name. Which I would usually say is incorrect, but I vaguely remember some switch GUIs referring to node names and working fine.

Try using the 21 number from your /proc/scsi outputs, not the 20.

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

February 19th, 2007 10:00

good catch Jason, i got spoiled by Connectrix manager that it does not display node WWN. It used to always get me on the Brocades too.

February 19th, 2007 10:00

dynamox, thanks! Using the 21 number helped. It was a minor goof that happened early on. Thanks for your help (You too Jason!).

Cheers,

Dave
No Events found!