Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 31st, 2013 00:00

what can be a "connectrix service processor"

what can be a Connectrix SP in terms of liming the number of configured zones in a Fabric enviornmennt. I a know of SP in EMC array anrays and CP in broacade switches. But dont know of any CSP. pls share your ideas.

October 31st, 2013 20:00

Please consider moving this question as-is (no need to recreate) to the proper forum for maximum visibility.  Questions written to the users' own "Discussions" space don't get the same amount of attention and can go unanswered for a long time.

You can do so by selecting "Move" under ACTIONS along the upper-right.  Then search for and select: "Infrastructure Connectivity Support Forum"

Infrastructure Connectivity Support Forum

Here are a few articles referencing it by name:

https://support.emc.com/search/?AlloftheseWrds=connectrix%20service%20processor&SearchWithin=true&adv=y

96 Posts

December 27th, 2013 02:00

Hi,

I know this response comes a little bit late, but I hope it can still be of use.

When EMC sells a Connectrix Manager license, it usually sells with it a server to install the CM on. This server is called "connectrix manager Service Processor".

Rgds

2.1K Posts

January 6th, 2014 06:00

Is this really true of the majority of Connectrix Manager licenses? Or is it just referring to the ones that go with a Connectrix Manager solution - switches in a rack with a service processor and software license?

We provide our own hardware (or VMs) for the Connectrix Manager installations and pretty much always have (except for one small site that is going away)

No Events found!