Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 13th, 2016 05:00

10 years of being loyal costumer to Dell now GONE!

THIS WILL BE THE LAST TIME I BUY ANYTHING FROM DELL

I purchased my fifth Dell laptop a month ago, wanted a 2in1 for my work with the active stylus with it, and after seeing it's recommended to Inpiron 7353 2in1. It was recommended to me while making the order, I made my order. Again it was recommended BY DELL's website as an accessory to the Inspiron, as shown below shows.

And now for 2 weeks it’s not working and trying hard to reach any support till JUST yesterday the technical support told me that the laptop is not compatible with the stylus, neither with any other professional pen and it's only compatible with the passive stylus.

I purchased the laptop to work on it with the stylus, and now am outside the country can’t work with it, ruined my plans, affected my work and wasted money, effort and time AND PROBABLY couple business projects for the meantime. 

Now am outside the country, I can’t return the whole package, too sad this to happen from Dell.

1 Message

February 16th, 2017 09:00

I just want to say if you are purchasing a Dell and you want to be apart of the 21st century and use styluses with laptops or active pens, then Dell isn't the company for you. I was given a Inspiron 7548. I dare you to look for a compatible active pen for this touchscreen laptop. The pen PN556W does not work. Even a youtube video shows a guy using the pen here  

and he says quote: "Dell's newest round of firmware updates broke my computer, serving to kill the stylus feature in tablet mode. I updated the bios and a couple of new firmware releases two days ago, and now both touch and stylus are suspended when the screen is flipped around into tablet mode. I don't know if that's a unique-to-me situation, but bewarned. Dell has been trying to distance themselves from the stylus feature on this computer since its launch. Something weird is up. I don't know if this was a deliberate bricking maneuver on their part or not, but the end result is that this once very sweet digital drawing tablet no longer does what I bought it to do. I'm pretty annoyed right now. So... if you happen to own one of these things, stay away from updates! The system works fine without them and it may lose major functionality if you try to upgrade!!!"

I asked him for advice because Dell's customer support cannot give me a straight answer. I was on the phone for 2 hours being put on hold and transferred to sales teams and back to customer support with no prevail. WHY DOES DELL HAVE TO BE SO CRYPTIC WITH THEIR STYLUSES? Get on it Dell! Make me an active pen that works for everything you create! And by the way, Dell, I'm not a robot! I will buy an active wand for $200 if it means I get to write on my screen! That's all I wanted to do. :(

No Events found!