Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 2nd, 2013 20:00

$200 Dell Promo eGift Card not given with Touch PC?

Dell list this on the web site..... Touch PCs Includes $200 Dell Promo eGift Card, America's Best Support for Students, McAfee Security Center and Dell Advantage (up to $348 value). Why don't I get this when I order a 14r touch?

http://www.dell.com/content/topics/segtopic.aspx/student-offer?c=us&link_number=17970622&l=en&s=eep

August 3rd, 2013 16:00

Hi jaba04,

Thank you for posting in our Community and Welcome!

Please provide me with the information below via private message ( click my username in blue, start conversation ) ;

Dell Order:
Account Name:
Your complete name:

I will be glad to look into your case.

13 Posts

August 8th, 2013 22:00

I just wanted to update this post. Here are the emails from dell. The first email says it was denied for a coupon. The second says there is another reason. The first problem is I did not use a coupon. If dell applied one that's on dell. This one points to the coupon the second one says its not the coupon. The second one will be another excuse from dell.
tim

Subject: $200 promo card
Hi Tim,
I have checked on this promotion and the qualifications of the promotions. Indeed your unit does not qualify for the $200.00 gift card Back to School promo. 
From this page: http://goo.gl/XZvrg1.
The bottom information states:
" *Member Purchase Program student offer is valid on select PCs and tablets over $699.99. Offer is valid from 5/2/2013 through 9/26/2013 6 a.m.. Offers are not combinable or stackable with other Dell promotions, coupons or discounts. Offers do not apply to, and are not available with, systems or items purchased through refurbished items or spare parts. $200 Promotional eGift Card will arrive 10–20 business days after PC purchase. Promotional eGift Card is not combinable with any other offers or discounts; purchase does not qualify for Dell Advantage 5 percent Promo Gift Card. ".
Your order details shows on the last line - A5750525  - YOUR DELL ADVANTAGE BENEFIT. Which was a discount/coupon applied. Should you have other issues or concerns, please do not hesitate to message me anytime.
Thank you for choosing Dell.

Subject: $200 promo card
Hi Tim,
It's not that. There is also another factor that finance looked into and found that your order does not qualify. Apologies on this but there is not much I can do when it comes to the conditions set for this promotions. If you have other issues or concerns that you need assistance with, please let me know and I will be glad to work on it.
Have a good one!

13 Posts

August 9th, 2013 13:00

Here is the latest email.... I wonder which part of my 14r touch does not qualify? I am pretty sure this part number list it as a touch display. I assume that with my order number the below mentioned person could figure this out. then again this is the new dell.
Part # 320-9646 14.0 inch LED Backlit Touch Display with Truelife and HD resolution (1366 x 768)
let's see dell next excuse. ... :-(

Greetings,
Thank you for writing to us, I am from Dell Social Media and Community. My apologies for any confusion caused. As per the link you have provided(http://goo.gl/XZvrg1) the laptops that are eligible for the $200.00 gift card are:
Inspiron 15R
Inspiron 17R
XPS 13 Ultrabook
Inspiron 15z Ultrabook
Touch PCs
Inspiron 14R
Inspiron 15R
Inspiron 15z
Whereas you have purchased a Inspiron 14 (Inspiron 5421), this system does not qualify for the $200.00 gift card. Let me know if you have any other concerns, I will be glad to assist you further.
Thank you,
Global Social Media & Community
SOS: Social Outreach ServicesDell Inc.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

August 9th, 2013 16:00

jaba04,

Considering that two of our Social Media representatives agree that you do not get the $200 promo card, I am locking this thread. However, you may pursue this through the Unresolved Issues form: http://dell.to/tbdOD4

No Events found!