Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 26th, 2013 19:00

3 weeks now...still nothing. Aurora-R4 Order Delay

So I spent about $5,000 on an alienware aurora r4 and 3 30" dell monitors. I got the monitors within a few days, great service. I knew it would be about 2 weeks for my alienware to be built so I waited patiently. The day before it was supposed to arrive at my home, I get an email saying it was being delayed for 1 week. I'm a graphic designer and needed this computer in my home the weekend they originally said it would be there. I called customer support and like always, spent an hour on the phone trying to get details. Finally they tell me the parts for it were not all in stock. Yeah, thats right. Dell of all places was out of stock. I told them I could have ordered it all on Newegg and had the parts at my house in 2 days.  So I thought, well it will be worth it in the long run so I waited another week. The day before its supposed to be at my home AGAIN, still nothing. All I get is "in production". Meanwhile, customer support can't give any detailed information. They only say what I can read myself on the website. Do you guys sub your computer builds to another company? I mean, what the , you can't tell me what stage of production? You can't tell me if its in the testing stage? , you cant even tell me that you're for some reason? Dell, take this time to think about your customers for a moment.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

April 1st, 2013 07:00

x19delta,

Apologies for the order delays but profanity is not allowed on this Forum. Via private message (click my username and then click Start Conversation) send me the following information so I can investigate the delays =
Email Address:
Name:
Shipping Address:
Phone number:
R4 Order Number:

April 10th, 2013 18:00

I'm having the same problem. I too ordered the Aurora R4 back on March 18 and it's still "in production" even though it was supposed to be delivered to me on April 1st.

Chris, I'd like to leave you my info as well and hope that you can investigate.

Thanks!

750 Posts

April 10th, 2013 23:00

Hi godfather666,

Sorry about the delay. I would be glad to find out what’s happening. Please send me the Order number in a Private Message.

To send me a Private Message, click my User name, and then click Start Conversation.

April 15th, 2013 19:00

Did you order it with the Radeon HD 7950?

I ordered mine on March 18th. Initial delivery date was April 1st. Still hasn't gotten here.

Apparently I'm scheduled for another "update" in two days, but I'm not holding my breath.

3 Posts

Oh no, I just got the REVISED delivery date email from Dell - it went from April 17th to April 23rd for the Aurora I ordered on April 3rd and thought was 2nd business day delivery.  Not off to a good start, can you find out what's happening with my order since I got the same WE'RE WAITING ON PARTS answer when I called.

Thanks

3 Posts

I got the Radeon HD 7870.  I ordered mine for my nephew who will be put on watch if it gets delayed again, wondering if I should just cancel it and buy him a different gaming computer because his other computer broke on April 1st and is already going through WOW withdrawls.

750 Posts

April 17th, 2013 00:00

Hi ODonna,

Regret the inconvenience. Please send me the Order number in a Private Message so that I can check the order status.

To send me a Private Message, click my User name, and then click Start Conversation.

3 Posts

April 17th, 2013 06:00

Thanks, done!

No Events found!