Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

March 21st, 2014 08:00

Abysmal support for the Sputnik from Dell

I had such high hopes for this thing. Love the hardware, the Ubuntu integration, all that. But the support. is dell thinking? 

My laptop has the "coil whine" issue on the keyboard, like they all apparently do. I spent 3 hours yesterday trying to get a report made and maybe see if there was a fix in place. I talked to 4 different techs (youll know why soon), and every tech asked me to run the hardware diagnostic, which passed, then asked me to do something in windows when they saw that it shipped with Ubuntu. Each one immediately washed their hands of the call and transferred me to the "Linux Support" line. Also as a side note, Ive loaded Win7 on mine as a dual boot, but they dont care. As soon as I get to the "Linux Support" line, this is what I get.:
"Due to the care and attention we provide all our of our callers all our agents are busy. Please hold and your call will be connected shortly. (Brief Pause and a single ring). Were sorry all agents are busy, Please try your call again later".. HANGS UP.

No option to hold, No option to leave a message, No nothing. Just hangs up on you. This is why I had to talk to 4 different people. When I explained this to each of the techs, they all said they would call the line and make sure the transfer happened with out issue. Then I get hung up on. 

Why on earth would you sell a 1500$ product you choose not to support?

26 Posts

Im in the US. I appreciate the help Barton. I will say that 2 of the techs I talked to were very good and did what they could. But the "Linux Support" line is just ridiculous.

7 Technologist

• 

538 Posts

I ppologize for your experience yesterday, im going to look into it right now.

What country are you in?

7 Technologist

• 

538 Posts

March 21st, 2014 09:00

Thanks.  I pinged you via email and looped in Stacey from our support team.  Let me know if you got the email.

26 Posts

also the phone number I was given for the Dell Linux Support was 1-866-622-1947.

7 Technologist

• 

538 Posts

Ive got someone who has started looking into this, do you have either a service tag or case # that we can use to track what happened?

thanks!

26 Posts

I was never given a case number but my service tag is:

26 Posts

March 21st, 2014 13:00

Yes I got the email. Thank you for your help.

7 Technologist

• 

538 Posts

March 21st, 2014 14:00

Great, give a shout if you hit any road blocks!

No Events found!