Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 3rd, 2016 10:00

After 20 now they fail me.

Placed an order on the 4/21.  Called Order Department every other day after a week without the normal e-mail from dell and they couldn't find out why order was on hold. These were wedding gifts that I was to be given on  6/1. Items were In stock and said to expect ship within 48 to 72 hours. Everytime Dell said to expect to get a call that night to tell me what happened and when they will ship. So now after the 6 th call I decided to call sales to cancel the order because I no longer needed it... I just went though Amazon and got just about the same deal and got ii in 2 days and were able to give them as a gift even though a couple days late. Now sales said I never called and they shipped Yesterday. So now I have to go though the hole procees of getting them picked up and Cancelling my preferred account that I have had for 20 years and have spendt over 20 grand with it... Sad day.. The "sales resolve"  person said we have no way of controlling when there fright companies pickup. That's B.S. I have ran a small business so don't give me that

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 8th, 2016 07:00

Hi feederband,

Thank you for posting your comments on the Dell Community Forum. Please allow me to apologize for any frustration or inconvenience this delayed order may have caused. Dell strives to provide an enjoyable purchase experience for all our customers.

I understand your frustration regarding Dell's attempt to protect your resources. This verification process is for your protection against potential identity theft. If there was an improper purchase, we would much rather delay or cancel the order until the purchase can be verified and deny someone the opportunity of taking advantage of your good credit. It's a fine line to balance prompt product shipment vs. illegal purchases. In the long run, I think you would agree it's better to err on the side of caution.

Once an order has reached the In Process (IP) state of completion, there is no opportunity to cancel the order. We can set up a Credit Return Authorization (CRA) once the order has shipped. You will receive a return shipping label that can be applied to the package when you receive the order, and the carrier will take the package for re-delivery back to Dell. It is possible to request a particular day for the pick-up (excluding weekends) however, it is not possible to request a particular time of day. The carrier generally is in an area around the same time of day, depending on the route, from 7am to 7pm, M-F.

It is genuinely sad to lose a longtime, loyal customer, no matter the reason. Please know that Dell greatly values your business, and we would make the most of a second chance to serve you, should you grant us one. If you have any questions or concerns in the future, please feel free to contact me.

Thanks,
Lorna

No Events found!