Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 13th, 2016 08:00

Alienware Order "Configuration" Issues: What is going on?

I had to reorder my laptop (Alienware 15R3) because of this issue. I had ordered my laptop on 25th Nov, still have not received it. On top of that since I had to reorder because of dell, I will not be getting the CashBack points from my Company's portal. My company has a tie up with dell as part of member pricing and I had waited for 1 month to order this laptop on thanksgiving as my company offers extra discounts on thanksgiving. But since I had to cancel the original order I won't be getting that discount. It simply means that I will be losing 300$ on cashback points. When I mentioned this to Dell Customer Care, they simply said we can't do anything. I mean it's amazing how we have to lose money because of dell's incompetence. When I asked why can't my original order be just modified, they said its company's policy to not allow that, I will have to cancel and reorder.  Now my question is who will give me that money? What's the point of ordering on thanksgiving when your discounts have been taken away due to dell's incompetence? This means I wasted 1 month to wait for the discounts. Also why can't dell compensate for the loss of my time and money? If they can charge you a bomb for their services, they should have the decency to compensate for their mistakes as well. I can safely say this will be my last purchase from dell and will not advice anyone else to order from them. Hope you have a good day.

3 Posts

December 15th, 2016 18:00

I am having the same issue i have reorded 3 times since nov 11th and have gotten one excuse after another why i need to reorder it.  How is it that they take my money but cant complete the order.  "configuration issue" what a .  why should we have to wast our time and hard earned money for dells mistake.  I have the same complaint on cashback as i use ebates and the % has not only gone down since i placed my first order but as i still haven't had a successful order i will not receive any cash back.  

December 16th, 2016 09:00

I had the same issue, made it all the way to Dell Corporate who gave me the same answer.  I responded here to update the community on the poor resolution of this issue and had my post moved to the "Owner's Forum".  Dell refuses to compensate those of us who were supposed to receive 10% rewards on these orders who have their orders canceled to these mysterious "configuration" issues.  I am one of those customers.  There are many more such as you out there, and our voices need to be heard.  I was told at the corporate level "if Dell compensates you, Dell will have to compensate all of the customers who experienced this problem".  Yes, they can, and should.  

No Events found!