Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

1 Message

January 14th, 2021 13:00

Aurora R10, replacement following stolen shipment

I ordered an Alienware Aurora R10 but the package was delivered and stolen before I could reach it. I provided police report information, but the Baltimore PD told me they can't provide me the officer name because it would not have been recorded, only a unit identifier. They also were not able to provide me a copy of the report; eventually, I will be able to mail in a physical request for a copy which would then need to process and be mailed back to me, but there was no indication as to how long that would take or when that option will become available. I did call them again to ask for the missing information, but they told me the police report number should be more than enough and that they cannot provide me any additional information.

In the meantime, I have provided the report number, police station name, and police station address as early as January 5. Some representatives have told me that is sufficient to process a replacement, and some representatives told me it was not sufficient and will be rejected, and others still have told me that the file doesn't reflect that I've shared any information at all. I also had a rep tell me the replacement has been approved and I will have the product in 8 business days, but that was last week and I have since heard that that was not true. I'm concerned that the replacement won't be processed because of a lack of report and officer name, but there's nothing I can do about that. I don't mind waiting, and I understand covid is creating issues for everyone, but I need complete and accurate information regarding the order.

I called several times over the last 10 days to try to straighten this out but got conflicting information, and when I asked for more information I was placed on hold and hung up on by multiple representatives, so I'm not sure really what the status of anything is. The last person I spoke with told me repeatedly that I didn't need to be transferred to a manager because someone from the investigation team would reach out to me within 24 hours, but that did not happen.

At the end of the day, I have no problems waiting to the extent things are delayed because of COVID, etc. But my concern is that I'm getting inaccurate information and that me replace/refund is being tied up due to information that I don't have access to through no fault of my own.  

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

January 14th, 2021 13:00

This is a user to user tech forum so we can only sympathize. Moving this thread to the Customer Care forum, but you need direct DELL-Cares agent contact. Check with the delivery service that was used and post a complaint with them. Computers require signatures.

No Events found!