Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 6th, 2012 06:00

Bad experience

I am tired of dealing with multiple phone calls/appts set up with technicians.  I ordered a new laptop on 8/11, which was received 8/24.  It was used for probably a total of 3 hours, until 10/5, when it wouldn't turn on anymore.  I plugged in the battery, and it wouldn't charge.  I have had a Dell Tech come to the house 3 times and it is still not fully functional.  In about a month, I have spoken to countless tech support people and have had the issue escalated (although to whom I am not sure).  The "escalation team" only provides a callback to the customer. They never give out a phone number, not even to the Dell Tech Support (or so they say).  I read horror stories about Dell Support, but I had purchased 2 devices from them in the past 4 years and had no issues, so I proceeded with this order.  I was mistaken.     I beginning to think the goal of the tech support/escalation team is to give you the run around until you are so frustrated, you just give up.  I even asked if I could just return the laptop for a full refund since they can't fix it and the answer was "NO".  The state they have a procedure they follow on the repair/replacement of a laptop, but they refuse to tell me the next step.  Shouldn't the customer be able to follow the case as they move through the process, I feel like I'm being kept in the dark.

Signed,

Growingtired...a frustrated customer!

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

November 7th, 2012 03:00

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your bad experience.I apologize about the delay in getting your system fixed completely.

To check your case history please private message me your system service tag number.To private message click on my user name and click start conversation.

Thank You

No Events found!