Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 11th, 2017 12:00

Bad sales support for purchase of extended warranty

I just extended my warranty on my alienware desktop.  During the process the sales rep rudely continued to push a sale of some additional "required" software for an additional 99$.  I asked for the information for this "required" software sent to me, but your representative ignored my request and continued to push the extra software.  I replied "NO" several times, but the sales rep would not let it go so I finally hung up.  I have been a loyal DELL customer for 20 years and am very upset at these hard core sales tactics.  If there is some "required" software out there that I should have for my computers, I would like to know what exactly it is and do some research before I purchase.

1 Rookie

• 

189 Posts

June 12th, 2017 11:00

Hi Kraigaho,

We appreciate the time and effort you took to post your concerns on the Dell Community Forum Customer Care Board. Customers feedback remains an important tool in evaluating our products and services. Please allow me to apologize for any frustration or inconvenience you may have been caused.
This is not what we want our customers to go through. If you can share the name of the plan the representative was trying to sell. We would definitely want to share all the details of the plan before you even decide to buy.
We acknowledge your feedback for our sales representative and will pass it on, as this is not what we want our customers to experience during their calls with us. Should you have any issues in future, you may write to us directly in a private message, we will help you.

To send a private message, click on my name and select ‘Send private message’.

No Events found!