Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

April 14th, 2013 09:00

Bait and switch

I was looking for a new laptop.  After looking at a web site that was selling dell, I deceided to go on to Dell.com and buy direct.  I have been a dell customer for over 20 years.  Almost all my computer in my house are dell. I have alot of computers, big family.  Through the years I have found this company very helpful and trustworthy.  Now, not so much.  I guess that is why they have been getting bad press.  Here is ONE of the issues I have today, because I want to stay focasted.  When you go onto the web site they have a bait and switch on every click.  I was looking for a laptop that had a touch screen.  They told me the inspirion 15z had a touch screen and was $699.  When you click on it, well.... that is the model that does have it but but the sub model 15z doesnt and the other 15z does but its for $799.  . You loose so much trust when I see stuff like that.  Then you have to look at what comes with that.  Oh you want an operating system to go with that well for a couple of months we will give that free. when I buy a computer I expect it to work for as long as I own it.  By the time your done they added several hundreds of dollars.  THIS IS WHY YOU ARE GOING OUT OF BUSNESS  Then I have several other issues I would like to talk about.

14 Posts

April 16th, 2013 11:00

Yes, they list all of the optional upgrades that each model has (since Dell machines are build to order), and then once you get to the pricing page, it shows you what you get at each price point.  This is not bait and switch.

46 Posts

April 17th, 2013 12:00

I'm with you Mike. I don't know if they do it intentionally, but the website is often extremely confusing and chock full of errors. I too have been buying Dells for over 20 years, and have definitely noticed a huge drop in the quality of available information. That's kind of odd since they seem to be moving away from customization and going more into a selection of stock machines.  So you'd think it would be getting easier for them to get it right.

4 Posts

April 17th, 2013 23:00

Are you kidding me. Here it is plan a simple. I was looking for a Dell Inspiran 15z that had touch screen. When you go to the web site they show
all the different 15 inch models. They show the 15Z with Touch for $699. But when you click on the link they tell you in small print that its optional. If you want it, its another $100. 
Look, I know you work for DELL.You are prob the guy   from Austin, Texas that I spoke with on the phone. You told me that you didn't think I was right and that Marketing was down the hall, but when I asked you to let me speak with them you told me you did not know their phone extensions. You also said that you didn't know anyone from the department. I find that hard to believe. I told you that I slammed marketing on the blog, I know you would read it. I just want you to know that I was in a bind and that I had to order a laptop that day. After I hung up on you   I redialed and ordered it from someone in India. I paid another 100 more but its done. It was
my last dell thou. I promise you.

No Events found!