Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 8th, 2016 16:00

Can't Use e-Gift Card with a Quote

Hey guys!

I'm having some major trouble with a purchase. On Thursday (four days ago), I got a quote from a chat-based sales rep for a Chromebook 13. I couldn't buy then because I had to wait until my gift cards got consolidated. (None of these are promo gift cards.) Today, I checked and the gift cards were consolidated (yay!), so I looked up the quote to complete the purchase. There was nowhere to enter the gift card and apply it toward the balance. The only mention of gift cards I could find was in relation to (and conjunction with) a financing account. I didn't want to sign up for a financing account, but the word "gift" does not even appear on any of the other pages up to the final checkout button.

I talked with someone in chat, and he said to select "Gift Card" from the payment types drop down. There is no such drop down that I can find. The payment page has text links to the different forms of payment that each have their own page. I tried selecting the "Pay with two credit cards" option, but Gift Card does not show up as a credit card option here.

Soooo... how do I apply a gift card to my balance? Am I unable to use a gift card with a quote? Or do I have to apply for financing to use a gift card?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

August 10th, 2016 10:00

Thanks for the reply, Lorna. I actually was able to get back in touch with the sales team and complete the purchase over the phone with no problems. Not sure what was going on with the online purchase, but the problem got resolved in another way.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 10th, 2016 09:00

Hi pulpexploder,

Thank you for posting your concerns on the Dell Community Forum Customer Care Board.  Please accept my apology for any frustration or inconvenience you may have been caused.

I am happy to look into this matter on your behalf. Please reply to my email and provide the requested information so I may access your account records.

Thanks,
Lorna

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 10th, 2016 10:00

Hi pulpexploder,

Thank you for the order status update. We are happy to know the order was placed and your eGift Card was able to be applied.

Thanks!
Lorna

No Events found!