Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

1 Rookie

• 

29 Posts

May 10th, 2020 02:00

Can't change email address on Dell Account

I want to change my email address on my Dell Account but when I try to change it I get an error message (see screenshot) saying "We are sorry but there seems to be a problem. Please try again after some time."

Dell Account Change Email Address Issue.jpg

I eventually give up as it keeps showing this message which is such a pointless message as it doe not give you any idea of what the problem is.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get this changed?

1 Rookie

• 

29 Posts

May 11th, 2020 18:00

I got a message from a Dell helper (BP-CSTE), whoever that is who suggested "This seems to be a network issue. please change the network connectivity and try to update the email address".

I couldn't see how it was a network error as I could readily change my password yet I couldn't change my email address !

Anyway, the only change I could make was to switch from ethernet connection to wi-fi but as I was still connected to my home modem/router I didn't see how that would "change the network connectivity" but it still didn't allow me to change my email address.

So I tried opening the Dell website in a new private window of Firefox and surprisingly it worked the first time I tried it.

So I have to say that I was very disappointed with the "Dell" response as it seemed that they weren't really interested in solving it but I fixed it myself anyway.

1 Rookie

• 

29 Posts

May 10th, 2020 03:00

I have successfully changed my password using the same screen as changing email address so the problem must be related to the email address only!

No Events found!