Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 19th, 2014 15:00

Can't get verified!!!

Very unhappy customer. Okay. I had high hopes for Dell. I went on their website and was WOWed by their laptops. They were fast and pretty. So I decided to order one. Since I did not have $1500 just lying around, I decided to apply for their Preferred Account. Worst decision yet! Fortunate, I was approved for a $2500 credit limit account. Then I really got excited about going with Dell. I ordered a $1300 laptop. Everything went well and I decided to place the order. After about a day, I received an email that said that my order was placed on hold. I was like huh? The email said that I would need to call the Dell Verification Department to get my account verified. I was like “Okay cool, it should only take a second”. So I called the verification department and was placed on a hold for like 30 mins. Then an agent answers the phone. The agent asked me to give my social security number and name; I did as I was told. Then the agent told me about some kind of identity theft protection stuff. After that, the agent asked me for “MY BEST CONTACT NUMBER”. Please noticed that he asked me for my best contact number. I gave the agent my currently working number. The agent then put me on hold for like 5 minutes. Then the agent asked me if I have another best number I can be contacted on. I told the agent that was the only number I have right now. The agent then said, to prevent identity theft and to protect Dell, he wasn’t able to verify my identity by the information that I gave him, etc…. I was like ? I asked him, why he wasn’t able to identify me and he said that the phone number that he has on file doesn’t match the number I gave him. He then said that he would need to call me to verify my identity. I told him that was the only number I have. He asked me do I have an old number. I gave him my old number and he said that was the one that he has on file. I told him that my old number is no longer in service. He said that since he can’t call my old number, he not able to verify my account. I asked him, what more information he needs in order to identify my identity. He said he’s not able to give out that information. I was like REALLY? Why did he ask me for my best contact number if he wasn't going to use it? I have tried multiple of times. I changed my phone number on all known accounts that I have and still no go with the verification department. I’m at lost ends. I don’t know what more I can do. Dell verification department needs some major improvements. Dell is losing customer because of them. Can someone please help me out? What more do I need to do to get verified? It has been about a week and still no luck.  I have an account with Dell and I can not use it!

Thanks.

3 Apprentice

• 

8.8K Posts

June 19th, 2014 16:00

tiger2380

Needless to say in my opinion this is ridiculous.

I'm going to forward this thread to one of my contacts at Dell, Tx. who should be able to help you or tell you what you should do?  If you knew the non-working number then obviously it's you.

Be patient, her name is Lorna.

Z...............

2 Posts

June 19th, 2014 16:00

Hi zbestwun2001....

Exactly. Every time I called, they read the same scripts. They even told me to don't call them unless they call me first.

Okay, thanks for your help.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 20th, 2014 13:00

Hi tiger2380,

Thank  you for posting your comments on the Dell community Forum Customer Care Board. We appreciate anyone who is willing share their customer journey. Customer feedback still remains an important tool in evaluating our products and services.

This will advise Dell Financial Services (DFS) and Dell, Inc., are two separate entities. I am unable to view their account records and they will not discuss your account with anyone but you. Please reply to my email and provide the requested information. I am happy to forward your concerns to DFS for review.  

Thanks,

Lorna

1 Message

June 25th, 2018 03:00

I seem to be experiencing the same exact thing. I've had this number for Years yet they can't verify it. They didn't have any trouble verifying my social and other information to be able to get the credit line to purchase the laptop, but they can't verify a phone number, so I'm **bleep**? What a colossal waste of time and huge disappointment that has been. 

2 Posts

June 13th, 2022 06:00

Hi,

I did not use Preferred Account, just placed an ordinary order, but I have similar problem. Except that in my case my orders were keeping cancelled by Dell without any notice.
When I contacted the customer support they told me that it was some "verification issue" - without more details, and I received a number to contact.
Is it seriously so complicated to order at DELL?? I have NEVER met such kind of thing before during online ordering. Strange and weird

No Events found!