Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

H

April 18th, 2018 12:00

Cannot Use Advantage Rewards on Dell Outlet Purchases?

so I have a $60 Advantage Rewards that will expire next week. I tried to use it for a Dell Monitor in the Outlet Store but during checkout, the option to use the Rewards is not there. So I contacted Dell CS via chat to ask if I can use Rewards on Outlet purchases and they told me I can use it as long as I can provide them with the account # and pin. So I did try to find out where to get the account/pin but it is nowhere to be found on my account. I again contacted CS and after a couple of runarounds, all they told me is the same thing ("need the account/pin", "to look for it on my account", "transfer you to Sales", "transfer you to support"...)

And then at last, a CS told me that the reason the account/pin is nowhere to be found is because the Rewards can only be used on regular purchases and cannot be used on Outlet purchases. Why is that?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 15th, 2018 12:00

I have placed the same order using my Dell Rewards three (3) times - in my case the rewards are in the payment section - I check to pay using it and the order goes through and an order number is assigned.  After placing the order - I receive an email crediting back the Reward points - no explanation as to why and the order does not even show up as ever existing. I have over $217.50 in rewards and it appears that Dell is doing everything possible to not allow me to use them - I just placed an order for the 4th time and am waiting for the message to credit back my rewards to appear again - I contacted Dell but received no response.  I get the impression that Dell is going to keep doing this until the points expire. Why even offer rewards if you don't honor them?   I like the Dell products but find these tactics unethical and I cannot see myself buying from Dell any longer as this experience makes me doubt that their trustworthiness

No Events found!