Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 14th, 2016 17:00

Cards purchased with points from Discover, buygconline.com dead, unable to consolidate cards online, 800 number just routes me in a loop

Hello -

I purchased several $100 Dell gift cards through my credit card rewards program. Per the T&C of the gift cards, they can be consolidated at

http://buygconline.com/consolidate

but that site appears to have been offline for a while and is currently just an unconfigured Windows IIS server. The registration shows that site as belonging to Dell, not to a third party - see

https://who.is/whois/buygconline.com

I tried calling 800-624-9897 but got caught in a loop between the Candian and Indian call centers - I'd call the 800 number which got me to the Candaian call center, who fowarded me to India. India would try to look up the number, ask if these were Dell Advantage gift cards, say "I'll forward you to the team that can help" then send me back to the same place-an-order team in Canada, wash, rinse repeat.

My credit card says I need to work this out with Dell. Can I please be put in touch with the correct customer service team for consolidating these?

Thank you.

9.4K Posts

November 16th, 2016 03:00

Hi MCMyzithra,

Thanks for posting.

It appears that Cards purchased with points from Discover have their own solution center.  Here is some helpful information in this link.  Thanks.

3 Posts

November 16th, 2016 07:00

Robert, thank you for your response. The link you provided is broken, but I was able to fix it to

http://dell.to/2fVpLhs

But, unfortunately that doesn't help. It just instructs me to go to

buygconline.com/.../

which is the Dell-owned card consolidation site that is no longer functional. I tried the (636) 489-4698 number and they told me I would have to contact Dell (at that site) to consolidate.

9.4K Posts

November 16th, 2016 10:00

Thanks, it appears the gremlins in our answering software are playing with the links.  The page shows a couple of phone numbers:

1-800-727-6000

(636) 489-4698

Try those.

3 Posts

November 16th, 2016 13:00

Hi, Robert -

Thanks again, but as I said I called the 636 number and was told to contact Dell at the nonexistent buygconline site.  800-727-6000 just takes me into the same phone tree black hole as 800-624-9897

9.4K Posts

November 18th, 2016 03:00

Ok, let me see what I can find internally.  Apologies for the inconvenience.  I'll post back when I know more.

1 Message

November 18th, 2016 09:00

I've been dealing with this same situation for a week now, so Robert I do hope you're able to uncover a solution.

What hasn't worked for me:

- The dead http://buygconline.com/consolidate site

- Online chats with various support agents, none of which could do more than redirect me to other agents also unequipped to help

- Getting any sort of assistance regarding gift cards from the automated system at 1-800-624-9897

- Speaking with a sales agent via the same number, who wanted the (nonexistant) order number used to purchase the gift cards

- Emailing dellegiftcardsupport@cashstar.com for support, which just pointed me back to the dead site and the standard support number

9.4K Posts

November 28th, 2016 03:00

Hi kenl1357,

Thanks for posting.

If you would like me to look into your case, please contact me privately.  Thanks.

1 Message

December 9th, 2016 11:00

Nearly one month later and buygconlne.com is still misconfigured and not working.

Are there any plans to fix this service or alternative ways to consolidate Dell Gift Cards? I was planning to take advantage of my CC company's promotional GC option for a Dell purchase.

Unfortunately this will probably cost Dell a sale.

78 Posts

December 13th, 2016 05:00

Hi kenl1357,

Thanks for posting.

If you would like me to look into your case, please contact me privately.  Thanks.

Hi DELL-Robert P,

I've seen quite a few people online having the same issue concerning the shutdown of buygconline.com.  Is there an official alternative?  Have you discovered a solution?

Thanks

9.4K Posts

December 13th, 2016 07:00

Hi MSCII,

Thanks for posting.

Prepaid cards can be consolidated by calling 1-800-624-9897, Mon-Fri, 9AM to 6PM CT only. Request may take up to 3 business days. 

*Promotional cards cannot be consolidated.

No Events found!