Start a Conversation

Unsolved

Closed

K

1 Message

December 6th, 2021 21:00

Charged for McAfee that I did not order

<Violations as defined by Dell removed. Read the Forum Code of Conduct. DELL-Admin>

I have been charged for something I did not order. I have been dealing with the charge of $30.79 for a 12 month subscription for McAfee. They told me it was a Government thing it comes with the computer. That is fine but don't charge me for something I did not order. I have been trying to get a refund ever since I received my order in the mail from September 2019. They don't want to refund it now due to way passed the refund date but they wouldn't refund it then either. Terrible customer service cause ever time I tried to talk to someone they would throw me to a different department or I would get disconnected. I can't even say how many times that happened. After spending over $1200 on a computer they want to treat me like this. Total disrespect to the customer and very unprofessional. So you mean to tell me Dell can take your debit card number and just charge what they want and then bill it and make you pay. Absurd!

• 

25.1K Posts

December 6th, 2021 22:00

Hi,

Thank you for writing to us here & sharing the issue with the order. I understand it is upsetting to have something on the order which you did not want in the first place.

Request you to share the order number, registered name & email address via PM.

I'll have this checked.

If this is a subscription-based charge that has been happening on the account since 2019 , you should have reported it to us to have the same canceled.

Ideally, the McAfee is by default included in the order as a part of the bundle. If it is a subscription charge, which you do not want I'll get it canceled.

-Anita

• 

25.1K Posts

December 7th, 2021 21:00

Hi,

I've not heard from you on the reported issue. Do share the order number along with the registered name used via PM.

I'll check & see what best can be done.

-Anita

No Events found!