Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 12th, 2016 02:00

Charged twice for an loaded xps 9550

Purchased a xps 9550 directly from Dell website

Initially even after the order was delivered, my credit card wasn't charged. My credit card company even confirmed that the dell hold was gone and that dell did not post the charges. Waited for a few days and then contacted dell to address this situation... Since I did not want free stuff or get into collection agency trouble.

Big mistake.

Not sure what the customer care did... But now I have two charges of exact same amount from dell. And the customer care says that they have charged me only once. Even the service request response was the same saying there is only 1 charge from dell...

However my credit card statement shows two charges on different dates from dell for the exact same amount.

Desperately need help. The customer service was just horrible. My call got bounced to three different people with no one able to help.

58 Posts

September 12th, 2016 05:00

Easy solution.  Just dispute the incorrect charge with your credit card company and let them fight the battle with customer care.  That way you can enjoy your computer.

September 12th, 2016 10:00

I finally did that since talking to dell customer service was basically useless........, but before doing so, Amex asked me to contact dell & resolve the issue directly with the merchant. 

Dell's internal systems are a total mess by the looks of it. no one is able to see this duplicate charge from dell's end so far...... only that it has posted to my credit card account & has two different transaction ids.

There is ONLY 1 order dells' systems and 1 payment associated with that order & thats all what everyone at dell can see.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 12th, 2016 15:00

Hi arjunprabhu,

Thank you for posting your order double charge concerns on the Dell Community Forum Customer Care Board.  Please accept my apology for any frustration or inconvenience this matter may have caused.

If you still need assistance, I am happy to look into this issue on your behalf. Please reply to my email and provide the requested information so I may access your account records.

Thanks,
Lorna

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

June 3rd, 2018 07:00

Hi Lorna,

I am facing a similar issue where I have been charged twice for the same order.

I was charged once when I placed the order and again when it is about to ship. Please help me out form this situation.

I have used my debit card and I can clearly see the transactions and amount debited twice from my account.

Please help!!!

No Events found!