Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

February 24th, 2016 10:00

Charged twice

I ordered a laptop on Friday, Feb. 19th, it was charged to my debit and money was taken out immediately.  Sunday, I received a shipping notice. Monday my credit union sent me an fraud alert on my account asking if I had two charges to Dell.  Apparently, they charged me twice, I called Dell on Monday, spoke to customer service who said they would reverse one charge.  Great, except it's Wednesday and nothing.  I tried chat...customer service wants to transfer me, I have been waiting for 40 min,  How do I get to actually communicate with someone who can help???

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 2nd, 2016 09:00

Click the DELL-Cares username. On the right, click, "Send this user a direct message". Provide to them the private Dell order number and your customer number.

(edited)

August 27th, 2019 21:00

I would like to give an update that after I posted my problem on this forum I was contacted by Dell DCFAdmin and I also called Dell customer care. They patiently heard my plea, and the issue was raised to the concerned team in Dell. I have received the refund for the 2nd deduction back into my travel card today (27th August). So my problem was handled professionally, and I got back my money.

3 Posts

February 24th, 2016 18:00

Don't even bother to call the customer service, call your bank directly for dispute a transaction. Do it while the purchase still within 90 days.

If you really want to talk to them, make sure get up around 6:00 A.M PT and call them.

February 17th, 2018 05:00

Hi. I also have the same concern as Mikna. I was also charged twice for an Alienware laptop I recently ordered. I tried calling customer service but it just keeps saying technical difficulties or something. Will you please advise me what to do because i am somewhat panicking right now. Thank you.

2 Posts

March 7th, 2018 15:00

I also met the same issue being charged twice. How can I do? I have asked for the customer service, and he said just wait days. Could my money come back in 7 days? I'm doubting.

2 Posts

July 30th, 2019 20:00

Hi,

I was charged twice as well; I contacted the bank and they told me there were 2 pre-authorizations. Can you help me solve the problem?

August 23rd, 2019 23:00

Hi, I was charged twice as well. I had ordered one Dell Inspiron 5000 for around $940 on 16th, and then the amount got deducted again on 24th. I thought maybe there was some fraudulent transaction, but apparently my bank told me this is an actual transaction from DELL SALES & SERV. 

And they have deducted this amt. during late Friday night, and no one at customer service is available for two days at least. This is so unfair on Dell's side. You deduct the amount twice, and that also on Friday night so I can't really do anything about it for two days. I used to respect Dell a lot and that's why I trusted their online store, but I have seen it is a very frequent problem, which hasn't yet been fixed. I hope the money gets refunded, otherwise I am never going to purchase another Dell product, and I will make sure to tell all my friends to never purchase from Online Dell store, so that this kind of thing doesn't happen with any of them.

No Events found!