Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 6th, 2015 09:00

Chose 'Next Business Day' as Shipping Method, Haven't Received Tracking Updates Since June 3rd.

I ordered a laptop on June 1st, chose next business day as shipping method, with estimated delivery date of June 3rd, initially. Once the item shipped on June 2nd, estimated delivery date was updated to June 4th. Once I received the tracking info from Fedex the status read: "Label Created", with "Shipping information sent to Fedex". Soon the estimated delivery date was changed to "N/A". I have not received any update whatsoever on either the Dell website or Fedex tracking in regards to order status. According to the Dell Order Status page it has been shipped and in transit since Wednesday, and after contacting Fedex customer support they said it was not in their possession, and to contact the shipper. I am concerned since the shipping method I chose meant that it was supposed to be here no later than the 4th, and it is currently the 6th, with no indication of it being here any time soon. If someone could help me determine the exact order status I would be grateful and will provide the necessary information to do so. 

Thank you.

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

June 8th, 2015 07:00

Hi MatthewB1993,

Thanks for posting.

Dell Computers are custom built so that we can take advantage of the latest technology and not have systems sitting around with outdated parts in them, so it normally takes 7 to 10 business days (weekends not included) to build a computer, then shipping happens after it's boxed up and ready to go.  That's when the next business day comes into play, and then after the carrier has picked it up from our shipping facility.  So for example if the shipper picks it up on a Friday next business day will be either Monday or Tuesday depending on what time of day the item was picked up.

The information on our website is usually behind the information on the carriers website, so if it's showing "Label Created", it means just that, a shipping label has been created, and "information sent to FedEx means that we told them it was ready for pick up.  When the truck gets there and picks it up is up to FedEx.

I'd be happy to give you the status of your order.  Please contact me privately and send me your Order Number, Customer Number, Name and Address.  Thanks.

Regards,

Robert

No Events found!