Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 11th, 2017 11:00

Complaints

In March 2017, I purchased a Alienware R17 and right out the box it was faulty. I wanted to send it back but they told they can fix it. There have been other minor issues that have happened but I won't get into it.  I had the Hard drive replaced so I had to reset everything in the computer. Thinking that the unit was fixed and the fact that my son purchased the same laptop without an issues, I thought maybe it was fixed. So I purchased a Dell XPS and when it works its fine but when I charge the battery and leave it closed the system gets incredibly hot., close to 200 degrees F and stays hot for about three hours. I tried contacted Dell and they are going to replace the fan and the Heat Sync. That's two out of the three computers purchased that had issues with 30 days. I asked for Dell service to extend the warranty for a year for both products. You know maybe stand behind their product and I get the run around and say we cant do that but they are willing to charge me 900 dollars for three years of their premium plane. What a joke this company is? I don't believe I am being unreasonable.  I can't even find a phone number to make a complaint. 

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

October 12th, 2017 09:00

We hear you. We stand behind our products with pride and I sincerely apologize for any technical troubles you may have experienced with your Dell system. Please know, we strive to provide our customers with systems and components of the highest quality and the lowest failure rates.

Though, that this practice cannot guarantee absolutely trouble-free performance. Like all mechanical devices, computers are sooner or later subject to performance failures, no matter how well built they may be. Consequently, we provide warranty coverage and a choice of Service Plan Agreements that furnish our customers with a range of options offering thorough coverage at reasonable prices.

I am afraid, we do not have the option to extend the warranty as that is a consumable. However, we will ensure that any issues reported will be resolved at the earliest & within our support boundaries.

Please click on my Dell username & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address. 

October 12th, 2017 12:00

Reply: how can dell say that they stand behind their products in the same breath when I have three laptops and 2 are failing. That is a 66 percent failure rate. By the way since my last post my Alienware is ticketed to be fixed again. I have three hundred dollar Lenovo that works better then then 5000 dollars I spent on this stuff. So don’t tell me that dell uses quality products when they fail 66 percent of the time in my house.

No Events found!