Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 5th, 2013 08:00

Customer Care Doesn't Care Much

In the twelve I have been consulting with small businesses I have always recommend Dell as a source for desktops and laptops.  In that time I would say I have been involved with the purchase of more than 1,000 systems.  Generally without problems.

Yesterday that record came to an abrupt end.  On 21 Feb I ordered a Latitude for my wife.  The quote process went well, after getting the system and software configured, it was time to place the order.  I ordered online, using my Business Account with Dell to pay, all was looking good.  The next day I received a confirmation that my order was being processed.  Estimated arrival date was 7 March. 

Having worked with Dell before I was not concerned: until yesterday.  I had not received a ship notice, so I went to the Web and was shocked to see my order was still processing.  Time to make a call.

First stop Order Support.  They found my order and told me that there was a problem with Dell Financial Services, let me transfer you.  After being on hold for a little over 30 minutes the call ended.  Call back, only to be put on hold buy the computer voice.  Twenty minutes later I get to talk with someone.  Yes your order is on hold.  Why, please hold.  Okay, I can go ahead and  process the order.  After giving my name, address, business name, shipping address, billing address, and account PIN; “May I put you on hold to complete this.”  Sure why not I have already spent 60 minutes to get to this point.  When the rep comes back I still want to know why the order was held up, she cannot give be an answer.  I told her to have someone contact me with that info.

About a hour later (which is the time I asked to be called back) I am informed that they were waiting for a verification from me.  What verification.  On the confirmation order you were sent.  No there is no request to verify anything.  May I put you on hold?  Sure I’m getting to enjoy the hold music.  What is the phone associated with the account.  I give him the number.  I also have my account profile open so I see the only phone number in the account is the one I gave him and the only email is the one the confirmation was sent to.  Back to hold.  More questions from the rep.  Look I just want to know why the order was held up.  Is there someone there who can tell?  Do you want to speak to a supervisor?  Sure put me on the guy sitting next to you.  More of the same.  Then I learn he needs to send the question to the super secret office that does not take phone calls.  Okay call me back with a answer.

Still no call back and my order is still in Processing.

What has happened to Dell.  Oh, yes got too big and out source services.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 6th, 2013 05:00

Hi HP_VZ,

Thank you for posting your comments and bringing your customer journey to our attention. Allow me to sincerely apologize for any difficulties you may have encountered in attempting to resolve your concerns.  Dell strives to provide an efficient, first-time resolution for every call.  While I realize that only our future interactions can restore your confidence in us completely, I want to assure you that Dell always aims to provide customers with a satisfying and enjoyable purchase experience.

This will advise Dell, Inc., and Dell Financial Services (DFS) are two separate entities. They are unable to access our records and we are unable to access theirs. I am happy to look into this matter further on your behalf. Please provide the following information via private message (click my user name and then click Start Conversation).

Name:
Email Address:
Shipping Address:
Phone Number:
Order Number:
Service Tag #:
Country of purchase:
Current country location:
Reason:

Thanks,
Lorna

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 11th, 2013 11:00

Hi H-P_VZ,

I regret we are not able to provide any updated information regarding your order status. Since we have not heard from you either publicly or privately, I am closing your case.

Without your customer account information, we are unable to assist in reviewing your order status or the reason for the delay. Please let us know if you still need assistance. We are happy to investigate this matter further on your behalf.

Thank you,
Lorna

No Events found!