Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 15th, 2017 11:00

Customer Complaint

I have grown tired of dealing with the worst Customer Service Department I have ever had the displeasure of talking to.  I purchased an Alienware laptop computer that was not what I ordered so I returned it.  I used 2  Egift cards that I had gotten from Dell on a previous purchase I had made.  I returned the laptop and was told by Customer Service person that as soon as the laptop was received at Dell the gift cards would be refunded and I could use them on another item. 

Well guess what?  I have been trying for over 3 weeks to get my refund for one of the gift cards I used.  Dell did manage to refund one of them for $150 but the other one for $400 I am being told has expired and will not be refunded.  I am beyond about this both of those gift cards were originally issued within days of each other so there is no reason it should not be refunded.

I will never purchase anything from Dell again and will post my displeasure on Facebook and Twitter for all my 5000 friends to see and ask that they forward to all their friends as well.  Sure hope Dell can sleep at night knowing that an American company has such terrible service from their department in India.

3 Apprentice

• 

263 Posts

February 16th, 2017 05:00

Greetings bab1962,

Thank you for bringing this to our notice. I regret the overall experience. As per the Dell's promotional gift card terms and conditions http://dell.to/2eyskZG we would not be able to raise a refund request for expired gift cards.

However, please private message the order number, registered name on the account and the gift card #'s. Let me review the entire history and see what best can be done.

2 Posts

February 16th, 2017 07:00

The gift card wasn't expired I used it to purchase a laptop that I returned per your guidelines which have a copy of the balance is supposed to be returned. That is in the section under Returns which dates credited for returns accepted by Dell will be allocated back to the Card. Your own company guidelines stated exactly from Terms and Conditions for Dell physical and or E-gift cards. My customer ID is 200565566671.

3 Apprentice

• 

263 Posts

February 16th, 2017 08:00

Greetings bab1962,

Please private message 13 digit DPID or 9 digit order number along with the registered name on the account. 

You could send us a private message by hovering the mouse pointer over my username, and adding me as friend.

1 Message

February 16th, 2017 14:00

Dell is the only company that treats gift cards as coupons, how stupid is that? Gift Cards don't ever expire, gift cards are money. Otherwise just call them coupons and don't swindle people.

No Events found!