Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 17th, 2014 08:00

Customer care or Lack off regarding a laptop the should be returned to Dell

When I was in the US during August I ordered an Inspiron 17 7000 that should have come to me with the Windows7 option. I told the sales rep I needed to load Windows7 compatible software, but when I got the laptop it had Windows 8.1 installed and I could not load the software. I had to wait until the sales rep come back from vacation to straighten it out. It was returned, when he returned from vacation he suggested another laptop. I told him I needed to receive it by August 26 because I was leaving for China on that date. In a conversation between him and Pro Support they assured me I could have it shipped to China even though Dell couldn't ship it. It arrived at my brother's address on August 28th. The order was put through by the sales rep on August 27 after I was in Beijing.

Turns out I cannot ship it to China either. Chinese customs will not allow electronic equipment made in China through China Customs. Pro Support obviously knew this since they told me they could send the box but not the system. The laptop is still in the original unopened box in New York.

Since September 9th I have been trying to get a return authorization and all I get are automated responses that say there is a unique number in the Subject field. Well there is no subject field in the automated email so no number. I cannot call Customer Service because I cannot call a toll free number from China.

So how do I get a return authorization? Seems customer support is ignoring the request as well as not getting any response from the sales rep. .

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 17th, 2014 15:00

Hi JPnChina,

Thank you for posting your concerns on the Dell Community Forum Customer Care Board. Please accept my apology for any disappointment or inconvenience you may have experienced with your recent purchase.

I may be able to assist you in this matter. Please reply to my email and provide the requested information.

Thanks,

Lorna

No Events found!