Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 23rd, 2016 18:00

DELL CUSTOMER SERVICE REFUSED TO FIX VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE

I called customer service to ask questions about potentially replacing my (new) laptop on account of reoccurring BSODs on account of errors such as "video_tdr_error" and "video_scheduler_internal_error." I have tried every possible troubleshooting technique or suggested fix and they have all failed. I called Dell's customer support number, and, after talking with multiple technicians from multiple departments, eventually was rerouted to the software department. After activating remote control of my laptop, Ezhil (my software support contact) ran a few scans, discovered the issue (a ngdms64.sys-related problem), and then told me she could not fix the problem unless I purchased a "Hardware and Software Warranty" that would last 3 years and 6 months, and would cost me $347.00. Has anyone else encountered this? I cannot find any evidence of a software warranty option in Dell's website or their warranty policy. Why? What is going on?

10 Elder

• 

44.4K Posts

August 24th, 2016 17:00

Read the post by RajithR on Aug 5, 2015, in this thread on the Microsoft forum.

You may need to reinstall the Intel Graphics driver. You didn't include the exact laptop model or version of Windows but you can find the video drivers by choosing your exact model here and version of Windows on the next screen.

No Events found!