Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

6 Posts

July 6th, 2020 11:00

Delivery Delay / Order cancellation after nearly a month waiting

Hi, 

I am very disappointed with the customer service and really frustrated at the moment. 

I have ordered the G7 laptop with the EOFY sale and made the payment on the 10/6 and the delivery date was 8/7. Later, the delivery got delayed to the 22/7, which was fine, but just few days ago (3/7), I have received an email from the sales adviser, who helped me when purchasing the G7, that my order will be cancelled due to stock unavailability. Yet on the next day, I have got another email from Dell that my order has been delayed again. 

So I was confused, whether the order was still coming or not, and emailed Dell and the sales adviser straight away on same day, and yet, I haven't got any emails back from neither of them until today. Although, it seems to be that my order is unavailable as the order status still says it hasn't been built yet.  

This is where my frustration is coming from as I have been waiting so long for the EOFY sale, not just from Dell, but among other brands as well, and I have chosen G7 considering the specs I needed and my budgets, which was already little over. There were other brand's laptop that I was going to get with the EOFY sale, if it wasn't for G7, and now it seems to be the G7 isn't available anymore after all this time, and the EOFY sale has now finished, and I can't get it. 

From the initial email regarding to the cancellation of my order, the sales advisor has recommended the new G5, which I am not definitely looking for, as I was looking at RTX graphic card with the minimum of 16GB with 512GB SSD, and also with the cooling attached.

I think it's very unfair for me, if the G7 isn't actually available after all this time, because now that I have missed the other EOFY sale. So please, restock any parts needed and send the G7, which I am really hoping for, and if this isn't possible, I think it's fair for me to ask to find a same level of spec laptop at no additional cost if needed.

Until at this time, I still haven't heard anything to confirm what actually happened to my order, so I am posting in here, and please get back to me as soon as possible.  

Thank you for reading this long post, and hope to hear from you soon! 

6 Posts

July 6th, 2020 11:00

Sorry, I have forgot to add my order number in case you need it. 

It's 

Thanks!

10 Elder

• 

24.8K Posts

July 6th, 2020 13:00

Unless you had the new G7 7500 (or 7700 if 17") on order, it's not likely they can reactivate your order -- the old model you likely had on order has been replaced by the new 7500 and 7700 systems as of late June.

1 Message

August 19th, 2020 16:00

They shouldn’t have sold it if they didn’t have the stock to fulfill the order. He should be compensated in some way for the trouble, they cost him the opportunity to get something decent within his price range by what amounts to false advertising even if that wasn’t the initial intent.

No Events found!