Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 26th, 2020 08:00

Delivery Delays, #2

I ordered a webcam on April 8, and after placing the order, I got an expected delivery date of JULY 8.  I was shocked, and thought that can't be.  Everyone is giving extended times due to the current situation, so I was willing to let it go, expecting to see a reasonable shipping notice.  After repeated checks and waiting 18 days, I saw the item hadn't been shipped yet.  After contacting Dell, I was told that they are 'experiencing delays' with their suppliers.  I wish they would have told me upon ordering that it would really BE be a THREE MONTH WAIT.  After having wasted 18 days, I cancelled the order.  I went back into Dell to check for other available web cams, and it seems now every item now has an expected delivery date of July 20 or later.  Sorry Dell, but that is simply unacceptable. 

10 Elder

• 

24.8K Posts

April 26th, 2020 10:00

This has nothing to do with Dell, and everything to do with the current massive demand for webcams.  Couple that with the fact that they're essentially all made in China, which is now just coming back online after months of shutdowns due to the current health issues, and they're just not out there to buy - from anyone.

No Events found!