Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

1 Message

July 3rd, 2020 14:00

Dell 10% coupon a scam?

I have been a Dell customer for many years and on my 3rd Dell computer.  i just tried to order my 4th Dell laptop last weekend with no luch.  There was a 10% coupon I tried to use, but I coouldn't get to work.  I got a "Due to limited availability, this coupon is no longer active."  After 2 chats with the online chat, I was told that there was an issue they were trying to fix and to try back.  It never got fixed.  There was nothing in the coupon restrictions saying that there was a limit.  I tried emailing the email address, but no one got back to me for 5 days.  I called today and spoke to a sales person who said they could only honor that price if I would set up a Dell preferred credit account.  When I said no, they offred me a measly $25 off.

I am appalled at what has happened to Dell customer service.  If there was some reason that the coupon was not working, the online help could not help with it.  It appears to me that this coupon was really just a scam to get you to call and get people to sign up for Dell credit.

I'm so sad that means I can't order Dell computers anymore.  I have had really good experiences in the past both with buying and get support for purchases.  It seems that is no longer Dell's model.

No Responses!
No Events found!